Thursday, May 15, 2008

My Alec Obsession

I have an Alec obsession. He is my archetype of the attractive Male. I can't explain it, it just is so. I have had this crush on Alec Baldwin since I was in my twenties.

When I was in my early thirties I actually had the opportunity to get to know and work with him (he was newly married to Kim at the time and hoping to start a family). He was on the board of the organization I was working for at the time. My colleagues forbade me from talking about Alec I had become so obsessed. He would call me on the weekends to ask me questions and discuss politics. I was living a dream. Eventually I moved on to another job and my connection to Alec began to fade. I saw him again about a year after I left my job, he came up to me, "J- how are you," big kiss. I lapped it up. (embedded video)



I still have my Alec dreams. And in my dreams he is a complete rake, luring me in and then pushing me away - I wonder if this isn't part of my romantic archetype as well. When it was announced that he was getting divorced, I have to say my heart did flutter.

And yes, he is older now and has beefed up in the past few years, but for me it doesn't seem to matter. I am getting older too and he is still my crush.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

I am with you in the Alec obsession.

I think he is even more so handsome now.

Lucky you for having had the opportunity to have worked with him.