Thursday, May 03, 2007

Osteopenia

Today I learned something new. I have Osteopenia. This is what you get before you get osteoporosis. As I mentioned in a previous post, I have been exercising like a fiend my entire adult life - so this is a surprise. I'm suppose to mega dose on the calcium and Vitamin D. It really stinks because it is related to menopause and low estrogen.

My mother has osteoporosis but she eats like crap and is super underweight.

I am afraid of shrinking. My grandma, who was once about 5'3" is now maybe 4'10" -granted, she is 92, but I really don't want to shrink. I like being tall - 5'7" 1/2 last time I checked - but maybe it has already started and I am shorter than I think. Arggghhh.

2 comments:

Summer said...

Sorry about the crappy news. It must be extra frustrating since you have been trying to keep your bones healthy.

Benderochka said...

I am sorry to hear, this must be such a shocker to you. I would also be scared of shrinking, I am the same height as you and really like being tall. Can you do anything to stay in this osteopenia longer and delay osteoporosis? Hugs,
Benderochka