Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Greetings from Sydney

I've landed and B* should be arriving in the next 30 minutes - very very very anxious about dealing with him right now given that he is the source of so much for me right now. But hey, I am on the other side of the planet and this is a pretty exciting place to be so I am going to try and not let our big life problems get in the way of enjoying myself (we'll see).

In the $$$ category of issues I have decided to reactivate my real estate license and do a little moonlighting on the side. I've talked to a realtor friend of mine and she is totally pumped to have me work for her showing houses to potential buyers and if I make the sale I get part of the comission. If I sell three houses that $12,000 right there. She has more business than she can possibly handle and is grateful for the assistance.

This way I am not dependent on B* for the mortgage, and I can start saving for my own fertility fund (with or without him). GIRLPOWER plain and simple. I am actually quite excited about making the extra dough and I like looking at other people's houses.

While in Sydney I am hoping to hook up with IF and the City and
The Journey both of whom are pursuing motherhood - one now successfully with donor egg. We are hoping to meet for brunch in Manly on Sunday. Very Cool!

More later, ciao from down under.

2 comments:

broken said...

its always good to arm yourself with a game plan. Thats awesome. You are obviously a very positive person. Good for you.
I'm going to keep watching you!
hugs
broken

Lara said...

Where are you??? Are you OK??? It's been over a week now since you posted and it was a bit ambiguous as to how things were going to go. I hope you're just enjoying your Va-Cay in Sydney and aren't traumatized by some horrible event brought on by your man. Blog soon!