Monday, January 22, 2007

Shared Donor Program .. And in other news

Since I am not going to this clinic I think it is fair to out them. Shady Grove Fertility has just produced this new brochure promoting their shared donor program.

I can't put my finger on it but it gives me the willies - I little too factory-like for my taste. And the prices!!!! See for yourself.

And in other news...I talked to my donor coordinator and she thinks she may have find me a good donor candidate (they are no longer working with Utah). She said she got a good vibe and her coloring is a good match. She has to get through the psych eval and a few other tests - but I should know by the end of next week.

My clinic is running radio ads for donors and in the last 2 weeks have had 15 inquiries - so things are picking up. I asked the donor coordinator where their were running the ads since I have not heard them - clearly, they are not on NPR .

2 comments:

Summer said...

I agree. Something about the way they are trying to "sell" their shared donor cycles between 3 recipients rubs me the wrong way. Plus, if you read the fine print, their delivery rate per transfer for shared donor cycles are only estimates based on their 1:1 success rates.

I hope you get some good news soon about a possible donor.

Carol said...

Yeah, a little creepy. Also seems expensive to me.

That's great news that they might have a new donor for you. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed!