Wednesday, December 27, 2006

New Years resolution a Few Days Early


okay - I am going to make the same new year's resolution that probably 50% of all Americans make every year. To get in shape and lose weight. But this is serious stuff. It will be the last time pre-baby (cross fingers) that I have a chance to do this in earnest.
B* leaves for Australia on January 2nd - my first official day of Operation Fitness.

The Plan -
excercise 5-6 times/week incorporating some high end cardio (spinning) into my training atleast 2 times a week, 2 days of yoga, 1 pilate class per week

food - calorie cutback. I do my biggest damage right now at dinner and with B* out of the country I should be able to save significant calories at dinner time - no dessert, and focus on keeping it under 500 calories (he is the cook in our family and it is a big no-no not to express enthusiasm and clean the plate at meal time).

Breakfast is a smoothie or an egg and lunch is a lean cuisine or other type item. Swap carbs for protein when possible and no buffet dining on the weekends (my biggest undoing - we go to buffets every weekend - korean, idian, indonesian, brazilian - we are maniacs!). Fruits and vegetables are sanctioned snacks.

Goal: lose 8-10 pounds in 2 months. or 1 lb a week. If I can achieve this goal I will be back into my size 6 clothes which always puts a smile on my face.

No comments: