Friday, December 01, 2006

E Pluribus Unum - Utah


I just got off the phone with the Egg Donor Coordinator -

She will email me possible donors on Monday afternoon for prelminary review. Once I have selected those that look the most promising I will get to review their detailed profiles and can make an appointment to come to the office and see their photos (photos don't leave the office).

I asked if the donor pool has grown since last month when I was handed a list of about 10 - she said that they have started working with a number of donors in Utah and as a result have expanded the pool significantly.

Now don't get me wrong but I hope all the donors aren't Mormons. Not that there is anything wrong with the Mormons but a jew from the Northeast is quite a different breed of person - both genetically and environmentally. The truth is that I am not going to find my genetic clone out there, nor do I need to. I am sure that my donor will have great genetic material, whatever their religious beliefs (which are not genetic as far as I can tell).

1 comment:

SaraS-P said...

This makes me wonder what the Mormon stance on infertility treatment is. Is it even considered acceptable to go against what may be seen as "God's plan?"

Well, good luck with the egg donation! Maybe there's a Utah jew in there somewhere. (I vaguely remember Roseanne Barr talking about growing up Jewish in Utah...)