Thursday, October 26, 2006

Back in the Spin Cycle


I am going to spinning class at lunch time today. This will be my first spinning class since finding out about the menopausal issues 7 months ago.

I stopped going to spinning class because I thought that maybe I was overstressing my body and that this was causing the low adrenal, underperforming thyroid and estrogen/ovary problems.

My body has adapted to doing yoga and the elliptical machine - but I miss my leg muscles and I don't like getting winded climbing up stairs.

I use to be very macho about my excercise (like everything else). I actually use to teach Spinning, I was the b*tch screaming at the class to work harder and not to stop. And now I am anxious about going to class - yikes!

I've also gained 5lbs in the last 7 months and that is not serving me well in the self-esteem category, especially combined with the low estrogen and as a result low progesterone/sex drive category. I don't want to become one of these asexual women wearing loose baggy clothes and hoping not to be noticed.

No comments: